One of our favorite ways to responsibly use decorative pumpkins and squashes from autumn season!
TURBAN SQUASH AND WHITE PUMPKIN SOUP
- equivalent of one medium turban squash and one baby white pumpkin
- 1 cup cashew milk (or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- basil and thyme to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Cut pumpkin and squash in half, fill large, oven-safe dish with 1/2 inch of water and place pumpkin/squash face-down in the dish
- Cook for 45 min or until tops are browned, remove dish from oven and place pumpkin/squash on a cooling rack or cutting board to cool (out of the hot water)
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop pumpkin/squash from the skins and place the meat into a blender or food processor
- Add milk, sour cream, garlic and spices and blend — add more milk to achieve desired consistency
- Scoop into bowls, garnish with dried cranberries, walnuts and/or pumpkin seeds and enjoy!